Get Back to Being You with Rehab to Home
Recovering from an illness, surgery or injury can have a profound effect on your overall well-being. It’s good to know we’re here with personalized, high-quality care to get you back to the life you love faster. At our new state-of-the-art Health Services Center, the innovative Randall and Linda Sprague Robinson Rehabilitation Center offers short-term senior rehab to the central Virginia community and residents of The Culpeper.
Our licensed team of physical, occupational and speech therapists use an integrated approach. They work closely with each guest’s physician and other providers to develop a customized treatment plan. Progress is measured at regular intervals, and plans are adjusted as necessary. The longevity of our nursing team further promotes continuity of care, demonstrating our commitment to rehabilitative success. The ultimate goal is to help each guest maximize their independence and return home better than when they left.
- Physical therapy regains strength, mobility and balance.
- Occupational therapy improves the performance of everyday tasks.
- Speech therapy enhances eating and swallowing skills in addition to spoken communication and cognition.
To learn more about senior rehab at The Culpeper in central Va, please fill out our request form.
Personal, Flexible, Convenient
Therapy sessions are available seven days a week. The Culpeper’s expansive new therapy gym provides private rooms for individual treatment. Treatments are also performed in the private rooms of our Health Services Center residents and outside on The Culpeper’s beautiful campus.
Inpatient rehab guests have their own spacious room and private bath, some with gorgeous mountain views. They enjoy three chef-prepared meals a day served in a restaurant-style dining room.
Outpatient guests are encouraged to take advantage of our exceptional new dining options featured in our main dining venue and the Village Café.
Our health care services are continually recognized for their excellence in care. Our Health Services Center has earned a 5-Star rating from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and our rehabilitation services are continually celebrated for positive outcomes.
We’re Medicare-certified and accept direct admissions into our Health Care Services.
If residents need rehabilitative care beyond the days covered by their insurer, we can offer care on a rental basis. The month-by-month rental fee contract includes three meals a day; all utilities except telephone and cable TV; housekeeping and access to transportation for local medical appointments; and specially designed activities and cultural, social and educational programs.
Frequently Asked Questions
For residents who’ve experienced neuromuscular or skeletal dysfunction, physical therapy at The Culpeper provides individualized therapeutic treatment to help restore function. Treatment may include:
- Training in mobility, gait stability, posture and positioning
- Exercise programs to increase muscle function, coordination and endurance
- Joint and soft tissue mobilization to increase range of motion
- Pain management
Though similar, insofar as helping to restore strength and mobility, occupational therapy helps people adapt to their social and physical environment through:
- Education and training in areas such as dressing, bathing, eating and grooming
- Activities for memory, orientation and cognitive integration
- Adaptive techniques or equipment to overcome physical disabilities
- Strengthening and coordination exercises
- Exercises to maintain normal joint movement to reduce the effects of arthritis or other conditions
Speech and language pathologists address general communication issues and swallowing dysfunction. Treatment plans are designed for such individual needs as:
- Recovery of speech, language and memory skills
- Verbal and nonverbal communication, including programs for the hearing-impaired
- Oral muscle strength and functioning required for speaking and swallowing
- Appropriate diet recommendations