The Culpeper management team is excited to share that the most recent round of baseline testing has been concluded with all negative results. There have been no new onset COVID-19 cases in the last 14 days. As a result, effective Monday, September 28, The Culpeper will permit visitations through multiple different means, using thoughtful processes which include appropriate infection control measures:
- Dedicated outdoor visitation spaces: located directly outside the main entrance, within proximity of the health care center and at the memory care courtyard gate
- Window visitation
- In-room visitation (resident room/apartment)
The Culpeper management team prefers and encourages outdoor visitation when possible to reduce the risk of transmission. Inclement weather, excessive temperatures and an individual’s health status are all reasonable factors that may prevent outdoor visits.
The Culpeper will accommodate and support indoor visitation, based on the following guidelines:
- There has been no new onset on COVID-19 cases in the last 14 days in the community and the community is not currently conducting outbreak testing.
- Visitors must be able to adhere to the core principles of infection prevention (described below).
- Visits will be limited to no more than two visitors at a time.
- Visitors will be limited to visit for a specified length of time: a maximum of two hours.
- The community will limit the total number of visitors in the community at one time.
- The community will limit visitor movement in the community; visitors will be required to go directly to the resident room/apartment for visitation. Movement throughout the community and use of common areas will be restricted at this time. Visitors will need to immediately exit the community once visitation is complete.
All visitations will require visitors to be screened and logged in at the main entrance. All visitors must pass screening questions and have their temperature checked to be granted entry into the community. All visitors will be expected to adhere to the infection control protocol:
- Mandatory mask use at all times (both visitor and resident)
- Social distancing of at least six feet
- Hand hygiene with the use of hand sanitizer prior to the community entrance and after all visitation
- Avoidance of physical contact
All visitation will occur at 9 a.m.– 6 p.m., seven days a week. All visits will be permitted for two hours or less so that team members can ensure appropriate infection control.
This enhanced process will allow spouses to visit throughout different levels of care within the community, providing an opportunity to reconnect. The Culpeper will continue with resident communal dining and activity opportunities as previously, however, visitors are not permitted to participate in communal dining or activity functions with residents at this time.
Please refrain from visitation if the visitor has any active illness symptoms. Additionally, the management team requests that visitors notify The Culpeper immediately if they become suspicious of having COVID-19 and have visited The Culpeper in the 14 days prior to coming into contact or suspected contact with COVID-19.
Please review the guidelines to prepare for visits and to ensure all infection control protocol is followed while enjoying the company of a loved one in the community.
Please check the COVID-19 communications hub at https://culpeperretirement.org/blog/covid19 for up to date communications. Questions may be submitted via email at email@example.com or 540-825-2411.